Finding quality educational supplies at a discounted price can sometimes be difficult. I found that when I started teaching in the classroom, I quickly learned how to be resourceful in order to find the educational supplies that helped me be a confident teacher. If you are just beginning your teaching career, you may feel a bit overwhelmed with the amazing resources there are for teachers. If you have been teaching for awhile, you may have your favorite resources, but may be unaware of great new ones. Whether you are looking for learning materials, educational supplies, or teaching resources, you must first learn where to look. In fact, I have come to the conclusion that teaching and learning is all about utilizing RESOURCES! Whatever your situation may be, it is great to know different ways to find great teaching materials.
- Make a list of your needs - Before you begin looking for resources to help you find the educational supplies that you are looking for, determine your needs.
- Hop on the internet and do some quick searches- It is amazing what you can find with one quick search. Sites like k12 School Supplies have a great discount and closeout sections.
- Make a supply wishlist - Oftentimes parents or other community members want to help. The second year of teaching I had a volunteer who worked in my classroom and donated money to help purchase some educational materials.
- Check your local garage sale ads -Teachers move, retire, and switch grades often. Maybe you can find just what you are looking for.
- SHARE your resources with other teachers - This is perhaps the most important step. Make sure that when you find great resources that you share them with others. Teaching and learning is a community activity. If you find a great deal, pass it on so others can benefit.